Click on the cached button next to an ingredient to substitute it for its food ancestors. The instructions and time to make food will update! Click on the menu button in the upper left to see more recipes.
5. Combine 1/4 c. warm water, 1 tbl yeast yeast, 2 tbl. sugar, 2 c. flour and 2 tsp. salt in a bowl. Add the egg, milk, butter and continue beating until creamy. Add the remaining flour if nessecary. Keep dough moist.
6. Remove dough and oil the bowl. Return the dough to bowl and cover with dish towel until doubled, about 2 hours.
7. Coat a work surface with a little bit of cornmeal. Roll the dough out about 1/2 inch thick and cut out muffins.
8. Heat a cast-iron skillet until very hot.
9. Put muffins in pan and immedietly turn down heat to medium. Cook muffins 10 to 15 minutes per side.